After writing the software for a while now it has become more and more complex so I have taken the decision to break it down into chunks.
The best way I could see to do this was to use the object oriented approach.
I have gone through the grammatical analysis process of Object Oriented Analysis and implemented the classes in VB.
The robot itself is now a class of its own along with the main form and PID controller.
Today I took the PID code from 'PID without a PhD' which is written in C and re-coded it in VB whilst adding some new bits and pieces to calculate the position and error.
This project is becoming an all-consuming monster and is taking up the majority of my time.
I hope I can still meet my final goal while still concentrating on all the other work I currently have on other parts of the course.
Foundation Degree in computing - main project. Project to convert K-9 toy into an autonomous robot. By Kristian Dunn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment